West Ham face a trip to Yorkshire to face Huddersfield on Saturday, here are 10 facts about Saturdays opponents;
1. Huddersfield were formed in 1908 in the Albert Pub Huddersfield and were admitted to the Football League just three years later.
2. Huddersfield were the first club to win the first Division 3 times in a row from 1923-24 to 1925-26, a feat only matched by Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester United.
3. Legendary Manager Herbert Chapman led the Terriers to the first two titles before leaving for Arsenal in 1925.
4. Bill Shankly also managed the club between 1956 and 1959 before moving to Liverpool.
5. Huddersfield contest a West Yorkshire Derby with both Bradford and Leeds United, the rivalry also applies to the Rugby League teams that represent the areas.
6. Denis Law started his career at Huddersfield in 1956 and was transferred to Manchester City for a British record fee of £55,000 in 1960.
7. Huddersfield have won the League 3 times and the FA Cup just once in 1922, they have been beaten finalists in the FA Cup four times, the last being 1938.
8. One of the stalwarts of the side that won a hat-trick of titles in the 20’s was Clem Stephenson. Stephenson was signed by Herbert Chapman from Aston Villa in 1920 where he had won the FA Cup twice previously, so when Huddersfield won the Cup in 1922 he became the first player in the 20th Century to win the FA Cup 3 times, he then went on to play a part in the team that won a hat-trick of titles. He went on to become the club’s longest-serving manager, holding the position between 1929 and 1942 during which time he led the club to a runners-up spot in the league behind Herbert Chapman’s Arsenal in 1934 and two FA Cup final defeats, one in 1930 to Arsenal and one in 1938 to Preston. He also led the club to the Semi-Finals of the competition in 1939, the club’s last appearance at that stage of the competition.
9. Terriers German-born Manager David Wagner played 8 times for the US national team between 1996 and 1998 thanks to his American born father.
10. The two sides have met 42 times in the club’s history, with West Ham winning 12, drawing 8 and Huddersfield winning 22. Before the teams met in September the last league meeting between them was in March 1972, a 3-0 win for the Hammers, two goals coming from Clyde Best and the other from Pop Robson.